Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Daily Journal 3-1-11

If I had my own government, the first thing I would do is make harsher punishments for animal abuse.  Anyone found guilty would be put through what that innocent and defensless animal was put through, and then jailed for the rest of their life.  It is extremely harsh, I know, but so is abusing a poor little animal. I would also clean up the foster care and parentless child situation.  I would do whatever I could to lower the amount of children who don't have a good home, and I would put each foster and adoptive family through extensive testing to make sure they deserved the chance to raise the child.  I also think I would require a certain amount of monetary or time donation to charities from each family per year.  I would also try to eliminate stereotypes.  So many people don't do things that they enjoy because they think they aren't supposed to.  If the kid who is in every single honors class wants to try-out for football, he should be able to.  Regardless of how good he may or may not be, the fact that people might judge him shouldn't keep him from doing something that makes him happy. It isn't fair that we look at someone and label them right off the bat, because no two people are alike.  Someone may dress completely different from me, but we could have identical life goals and morals, and be able to carry on a great conversation.  Isn't that what having friends is all about? It is true that I could know someone who dresses like me and wears their hair the same way I do, but they could be a mean-spirited person and have no personality.  Why would I want a friend like that? Basically, if I were in charge of things I would try to transform the government into a portal for people to use to become the best individuals they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment