Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Daily Journal 3-2-11

How ridiculous I was as pirate having a sword fight with my sister and cousin. A bunch of silly little kids, we ran around the house with swords in our right hands and hooks as our left hands.  As goofy as we may have looked, we took ourselves very seriously.  Narrowly escaping the giant octopus or evil shark, the biggest insult to a fellow pirate was making them walk the plank.  "But I don't want to get drenched!" Katie would shout at me.  We would forget about it and move back through the house as our fight became more in-depth and technical.  We would stop for a quick twist before our swords clashed together again, or to take a flying leap off the couch to fly like Peter Pan. My hook hand got in the way, but it was only fair because I was oldest. Out through the front door and down the driveway, our epic battles didn't end in death or a truce like in the movies.  They always ended with an 'I'm tired. Can we go have lunch now?'

No comments:

Post a Comment