Thursday, February 24, 2011

Assonance

Shuffling through the frozen dark, unloading quick, we cannot park.
Excitedly boarding our morning flight, we happily leave the winter white.
In the air prepared to land, only a few more hours until there's sand.
First we say hi to you-know-who, before we see the ocean's blue.
Looking out the window to take in the sights, its been awhile since we've seen this light.
Can't wait to go out and lay in the sun, this week is carefree, relaxing and fun.
It's humid so I won't even try to tame my hair, but it's just me and my family-I really don't care.
Trying to make each second last I grab the camera and make it flash.
So many things to do and see, but take a breath, Katie's turning fifteen.
Working my hardest to maintain my bronze, only to get beat out by that blond.
The trip is almost done and we have one more day. I'm not looking forward to packing my bag.
Heading back to the Minnesota cold, sadly we've put an end to this tropical show.

No comments:

Post a Comment