Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Best Friend

The best friend I've ever had was Veronica.  Losing her as a friend was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do-it was like going through withdrawal. I've had a lot of good friends throughout the years, but I've never experienced anything like what I had with Ronnie junior year.  She had the greatest sense of humor, and she truly said some of the most offensive things I have ever heard...but it was SO funny.  The best part about her humor was that her language was sprinkled with profanity that you would never expect to hear coming from a girl who is identical to a barbie doll.  She caught me off guard with every sarcastic comment she made, and she knew how to make me laugh harder than anyone.  We were inseperable for most of the year, and the joke was that we were dating.  If we didn't go hunting for boys every weekend I would say it was pretty close to a relationship.  We were attached at the hip all weekend every weekend, and her mom was honestly a third parent to me.  My parents adored her as well, and when I brought her to family events it was honestly like introducing my new boyfriend...but we didn't care.  I was bored and lonely without her, and we both admitted we didn't know what to do with ourselves when we weren't together. I can honestly say that because we had so much in common, and because I felt like she was a big sister to me, that I loved her with all my heart.  Once the snow melted we played tennis together, and I even joined the lacrosse team because she had suggested it. We were content going to parties together or sitting on the couch watching super troopers on a saturday night.  I felt 100% safe with her, and our worlds revolved around eachother for about ten months.  I loved every second of it but I can see that I took it for granted. I miss her and love her, and I think about the little things all the time.  If I could snap my fingers and make this year just like last year, I would.  I've made other friends, but they don't spoon with me, and the don't punch me if I accidentally touch their feet at night. No one can take Veronica's place, because I truly believe that our connection and friendship was something that doesn't come around every day.  It breaks my heart that things will never be the same, but regardless, nobody will ever take her place.  I learned so much from her carefree attitude and generous heart, that there is no way I could ever regret what took place during those ten months.  I could write for way more than ten minutes on this topic. To sum it up, I can leave you with this quote; "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment