Thursday, February 24, 2011

Scary

The scariest moment of my life was 100% my fault. I had just gotten my license and was driving my dads brand new car around Rosemount with my friend Natalie, her brother Nick, and his friend Andrew. We were carefree and listening to music when I noticed the car in front of me was going at an annoyingly slow and glacial pace. I was rowdy, hyper, and invincible so I started to tailgate them, since it is one of my hidden talents. We pulled up to a stop sign and to the driver in front of me had clearly caught on to what the car full of rambunctious teenagers was doing behind him. At the stop sign he braked for way too long, just to get back at me. Across the intersection though, another car was waiting for him to proceed, so they honked their horn at him. He must have thought it was me, because he pulled ahead and veered to the side of the road and let me pass. Once I was in front of him though, it turned into a vicious war of speeding and tailgating. We tried to lose him for about 10 minutes, but he was relentless. Natalie and I were completely petrified in the front seats, while the boys feasted off the attention and rush of adreniline. Soon he stopped chasing us, but it was still the scariest thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment