Tuesday, February 22, 2011

earliest childhood memory

When I was about 2 years old, I went to my aunt and uncle's house while my parents were at work.  My older cousins were 6 and 3, and both boys.  Because I was the youngest one, and a girl, I was spoiled a lot by my aunt Nancy.  While Michael and Corey would play power rangers and watch Space Jam, my aunt would take me into the other room and read to me.  My earliest memories are of me sitting in her lap as we read the rainbow fish and fox and the hound books.  I can also remember her holding me when the sun would go behind the clouds, and she would say 'the sun is playing hide and seek with us!'.  I can recall playing Peter Pan in the boys' room and watching movies on their blue sofa.  I've always adored Michael and Corey, and I have always been the closest with them out of most of my cousins.  Looking back and seeing the all of my earliest memories include them, and realizing that they were basically my big brothers until I was about 3 years old, it makes perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment