Thursday, February 3, 2011

Journal Entry- Best Place

 The most beautiful place I have ever been is without a doubt the Gulf Of Mexico.  I consider it to be so beautiful not only because it is so tropical and relaxing to look at, but because it inspires me unlike any other place.  When I'm on the Gulf I am usually on my Grandpa's yacht.  Being on such an impressive boat just shows me what working hard can accomplish.  My Grandpa started his own company in the 1960's and has earned a great living off of it- knowing that he was able to work and earn something like a 36 foot boat is so impressive to me, and I am inspired to do great things in my future career as well.  I am also inspired by the Gulf because as we travel away from the inland area we slowly cruise past these amazing, gorgeous, multi-million dollar mansions right on the water.  Nothing makes me want to dedicate myself to making a good career for myself like these houses.  Each one has its own unique style, but they are similar in that they are all towering two-story buildings with massive balconies and a pool.  Some of the houses have fountains and statues, and most of them are decorated with speed boats or jet-skis attached to a private dock. I can honestly say that there is nothing that makes me want to pursue my wildest dreams of being rich and succesful like seeing these over-the-top houses.  Another reason I see this place as the most beautiful place in the world is because sometimes, in the bright and sparkly blue water, you can see dolphins playing.  I've always loved dolphins, but what I love the most is how they play in the wake of our boat.  They honestly do tricks and dive in and out of the water as they weave through our wake, and their playful and carefree attitude is a good way to balance out the idea of working until I make millions.  These adorable dolphins are a great reminder that while I should push myself to accomplish great things, I should also stop to smell the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment