Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Daily Journal

I wake up and try to take a deep breath, but the deeper the breath the more severe the pain. The ground is hard beneath my back, and I feel a dull pain in my arm.  I look around, trying to make sense of where I am.  To my surprise and horror, I am in the middle of an unfamiliar jungle.  The ground begins to shake and rattle as I jerk to a sitting position.  The leaves on the trees slowly sway back and forth even though there is no wind, and my head is on a swivel looking for danger.  Immediately I suspect that I am experiencing an earthquake, until an ear-shattering roar tears through the forest and a massive t-rex emerges from the trees. He trots in my direction but soon picks up speed, and before I know it the ginormous dinosaur is running right at me.  I am in too much pain to move, so I sit calmly as he approaches. Growing in size with every passing second, the t-rex continues to sprint towards me. Just as I was expecting to him to pounce, the dino veered left and didn't even notice me.

No comments:

Post a Comment